42 mpg at 80-90mph for over 8 hours, not to sound like a VW commercial, but that is what we did in a Jetta TDI on the way from Richfield, OH to Killington, VT. Neither Lamborghini nor Sentra SER Spec V could keep us from getting this stellar mileage.
Upon arrival to the house, we sat around and drank. We skied the next day in some pretty schwag-like icy conditions. We followed up that night by braving the Nor’easter, that continually was pounding us with snow, only to get kicked out of the Wobbly Barn.
The next day of skiing promised fun with 18” of new snow. It ended up making the entire mountain a speed bump kind of hell.
Highlights of the trip include:
1. Modlick and Jerry’s battle for Movie knowledge supremecy
2. Coffee impersonating a clown being shot out of cannon and clearing a big table
3. Another wonderful Ben’s Big Family Dinner
4. Jerry and I with our forewarning tales of caution to Uli regarding a jump she was to hit the next weekend in a bump comp. (Unfortunately, Uli did not heed our warning and now has a blown ACL)
5. Jerry O’ hitting this year’s PLJ (Parking Lot Jump) while being towed in by the Diesel Jetta.
6. Modlick getting pulled on stage at the Wobbly Barn to finish his favorite Neil Diamond song.
Thanks to Uli, Ben and Joe for putting up with us for another trip.